I made a wreath for my mantel that is appropriate for Spring. I plan on making another one for summer, I just need to know what to make. Here are almost step by step pictures.
1. This is how the wreath started. It’s the largest wreath you can get from Dollar Tree, I believe it’s 18 inches.
2. I bought glimmer mist in green meadow. I love glimmer mist for projects like these. It adds a little something to projects.
3. After spraying the wreath with the glimmer mist, it was a little too light. More Easter green rather than green.
4. Using Mini Misters by Ranger Inks and classic Stampin’ Up! inks, I was able to make my own little spray inkers. I loved Handsome Hunter, it was such a rich, deep green. I miss it!
5. Adding the Handsome Hunter and Chocolate Chip, I was able to tone down some of the bright green.
6. Using my Making Memories Slice, I cut out images and backed them on light chipboard. The little circles are the centers cut out for daisies, getting ready to be colored in.
7. Starting to come together. I bought a little thing of fabric tulips from the dollar store and cut them apart and down with wire cutters.
8. This is a close-up of the side so far. Thank god for hot glue!
9. Using a bright green and white ribbon, I went around the wreath for a little added texture.
10. Here is the final close-up of the side of the wreath. I like that it doesn’t feel over done.